In the schematic description of WP5 (CPD) a model of the four fronts of teachers' development was presented. While the 1st two fronts namely … are usually developed throughout the CPD program by most of the teachers, the 3rd and the 4th fronts will be developed by about 5% of the teachers. These are teachers who developed sense of ownership in regarding the PROFILES.
It is assumed, that some of these teachers will become leading teachers (develop leadership) regarding long-term and continuous developments and implementation of PROFILES in the participating countries and other countries in Europe.
Sources for assessing the development of ownership among PROFILES teachers:
Sense of ownership is evident if PROFILES teachers (a partial list):
· Involve other teachers in their schools in the project
· Involve the principle in the project
· When teachers perceive that the topic taught is highly relevant to their classroom
· When teachers identify themselves with the newsletter
· When teachers are involved in dissemination of PROFILES outside school
· If teachers are willing to develop their own module and not those imposed on them.
This Work Package is led by:
Hofstein, A., Mamlok-Naaman, R.: Teachers' Ownership: What is it and How is ist Developed?, In: Inquiry-based Science Education in Europe: Examples and Reflections from the PROFILES Project; edited by Bolte, C., Holbrook, J., & Rauch, F. (2012). University of Klagenfurt (Austria)